Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Riffing Off

The more I see, the less I can see. 


Andy Warhol made the shallow end deep. 


Basquiat stoked the street...until he died. 


“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”  A big reason I love Art Battle  is that you can see colors live in progress and the event forces you to abandon Art sooner. A snapshot of Art in progress is Art itself.


Top: Willem DeKooning in progress at East Hampton (1968) photographed by Linda McCartney. Bottom: Morgan Booth in progress  ( Feb 29, 2012) at Art Battle in Toronto's Great Hall photographed by Eric Forsyth.

Mondrian saw unique patterns. 

345 East 56 Street, New York,  is where he painted Broadway Boogie-Woogie. 

385 1st Avenue, New York, NY

Art transfers into other Art. 

These are screen captures of thoughts in my head riffing as I chronicle other Art. No editing to make it flow.  "Good artists copy, great Artists steal" your mind, heart and soul.  

No comments: