Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Falling Leaves (inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright)

A falling leaf is the hardest thing to photograph

It makes no sound

It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing
and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it.

~ American Beauty

And this (leaf) was, like, dancing with me.
Like a little kid begging me to play with it.

~ American Beauty

And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things,
and...this incredibly benevolent force,
that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever.

~ American Beauty

(Photography)'s a poor excuse, I know.
But it helps me remember...and I need to remember...
Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world
I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
~ American Beauty

It can't be anticipated

It fights gravity

It moves in all directions

It lands where you would least expect
(deciduous vs coniferous)

It goes where it shouldn’t

It switches sides
(It's camouflaged)

Somehow it finds its way
(fatefully)

Sometimes it finds its way
(destiny)

It changes color

It has an underside
(it flips)

It has many backgrounds

It can be blown by the wind

It’s nature’s brush stroke
(Photographing a falling leaf releases all hurdles of the mind)

No comments: